Professional maintenance for your electric motor equipment can help ensure that it lasts for years and years and evades major operational trouble. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't a few things that you as the user can't do to help prolong its life as well. Let's look at how maintenance tasks can be divided between a repair shop and the user. Be sure to talk to your local electric motor repair business about setting up a proper maintenance plan for your equipment.
For the shop
The following is a basic rundown of how an electric motor shop will complete maintenance of an electric motor.
- Visual inspection - The first thing that will often be done is a visual inspection of the equipment. Identifying issues through visual clues, smells and current condition will help decide how to best maintain and service the motor.
- Brush maintenance - The repair person should complete an inspection of the brushes and commutators to ensure they are not worn out. Any blackened areas likely represent unwanted brush sparking.
- Winding tests - An internal inspection of motor components will help the repair person determine if there has been any winding failures. Signs of winding troubles include burn marks, cracks or uncovered wiring.
- Bearings - The bearings will need to either be lubricated or replaced, depending on their current condition.
As the user of the electric motor equipment there are a few important tasks you can do to help prolong the life of the motor.
- Electric motor cleanliness - Keeping the motor clear of any dirt or debris will help keep it operating properly and prevent overheating.
- Visual checks - Regularly check the alignment and condition of pulleys and belts.
- Secure - Always be sure that the motor mounts are secure before using the electric motor equipment.
If you need professional electric motor maintenance in Denver be sure to visit Industrial Motors & Machining. For more than four decades we have been completing expert electric motor repair, maintenance and sales. Give us a call at (303) 872-5981 to request an estimate for electric motor repair in Denver today.
Industrial Motors & Machining's Blog
Written and Published By MORBiZ
Does this Mean I need Electric Motor Repair?
5 Ways an Electric Motor Shop will Serve You
5 Businesses that Need an Electric Motor Repair Expert on Call
Common Types of Electric Motors in Woodworking Tools
Running Electric Motors in Freezing Temperatures
Top Benefits of AC Motors
5 Holiday Presents for the Welder in the Family
Main Parts of Electric Motors
Electric Motor Breakdown: Repair or Replace?
Extending the Life of Electric Motors
Expert Electric Motor Repair in Denver
Is Rewinding Necessary for Your Electric Motor?
Pump Repair in Denver
Tips for Electric Motor Storage
FAQ: Electric Motor Repair
5 Common Types of Electric Motors
Exterior Signs of Electric Motor Failure
What Customers Have to Say About Industrial Motors & Machining
Must Know Info: Operating Electric Motors in the Winter
Three Services Offered by a Reputable Electric Motor Shop in Denver
Common Tools Used in a Machine Shop
Buying Electric Motors - Used or New?
Electric Motor Maintenance for the Shop & User
Top Causes of Electric Motor Failure
Frequently Asked Questions: Electric Motor Service
Are your Electric Motors at Risk?
What is Industrial Motors & Machining in Denver?
Top Repairs of an Electric Motor & Machine Shop
What are the Common Types of Electric Motors
Creating a B2B Relationship with an Electric Motor Repair Shop
Why Choose Industrial Motors & Machining for Electric Motor Repair in Denver
7 Electric Motor Brands You Need to Know
Do I Need Electric Motor Repair?
Easy Tips to Increase the Life of Electric Motors
Why will an electric motor fail?
New Location, Same Great Services
Why Should I have an Electric Motor Maintenance Plan?
Is it time for an electric motor rebuild?
Top Characteristics of an Electric Motor Repair Shop
What can a Machine Shop do for Me?
5 Organizations any Machine Shop should be Affiliated With
Is it better to repair or replace an electric motor?
When do I need Electric Motor Repair?
Top Services of a Denver Electric Motor Repair Shop
What does Electric Motor Maintenance Consist of?
Is it Time for a New Electric Motor for my Machine?
5 Qualities of a Superior Electric Motor Sales Shop
FAQ: Electric Motor Repair
What Items Does an Electric Motor Repair Shop Service?
5 Things to Check if an Electric Motor Won't Run
Important Maintenance Checks for Electric Motors
What Causes Electric Motors to Overheat?
Common Signs of Impending Electric Motor Trouble
The Benefits of Repairing Electric Motor Equipment
What Causes Bearing Failure in Electric Motors?
4 Tips for Electric Motor Maintenance
What Can Cause Electric Motor Failure?
Services of a Great Machine Shop
What are the Common Types of Electric Motors?
The Parts of an Electric Motor
Save Money By Refurbishing Used Equipment
Finding a Good Machine Shop in Denver